Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hello I am Gregg co-owner Bambu Hostel David Panama

Hi I am Gregg, Mike Esterson the owner of Airtech and I own Bambu Hostel a backpackers Hostel in David Panama. Last night there was a minor earthquake. I slept through it! Here is what was reported

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A strong earthquake of 6.2 magnitude and at a depth of 30 miles struck Panama overnight, the U.S. Geological Survey said on Wednesday.
The quake hit 35 miles west southwest of David, Panama, at 0611 GMT. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries, the USGS said.
The USGS originally verified the quake at a magnitude of 6.5 and depth of about 9.3 miles."
I can thank Abuelo Rum for the deep sleep, which of course I only drink for medicinal use...the name Abuelo means Grandfather in Spanish, it is amazing Rum dirt cheap and doesnt leave you to fuzzy in the morning, yet strong enough to keep you sleeping through a 6.2 quake! This area is Volcanic, nearby there are Hot Springs called The Caldera Hot Springs Caldera means soup Caldron! Dont stay in there too long..they are awesome though, it cured my bad back last winter..and only 30 minutes from the hostel.
We are in David Panama and Bambu Hostel is a great jump off point for journeys into the awesome beauty of Chiriqui Province I lived in NYC for 20 years and one day realized that if I didn't follow my dreams and leave I would be there forever. That is the way New Yorkers are they just stay and stay and wake up old one day..

Life here is good. Everyday I wake up and give thanks for being in this awesome country. Come to Bambu Hostel and spend a few days at the hostel, we have a sweet pool and a mayan style rancho, and there is always a nice crowd of international backpackers and others there. I will post again soon.

See ya in Panama,

Gregg

No comments: